The project was aimed to create out of an old kitchen shop a functional hair salon, with a modest budget.
- Principle use: Hair salon
- Design/Supervision: Werner Maritsas
- Location: Petroupoli, Athens – Greece
- Total floor area: 78 m2
- Design / Construction period: August 2009
- Photo:W. Maritsas, I. Nikolareizi
The main idea was tunnel-like space divided by 3 layers. To highlight this tube illusion a round double mirror was placed at the back of the salon, creating a stylish impression of depth. Complete renovation – study and construction- completed in 40 days.
sections and floor plan
the round double mirror at the layer E4
from layer E1 to E4
reflection from layer E4
The reception desk volume -opposite the waiting area- has disappeared w/the help of a synthetic mirror facing. Opposite a fusion bench made from reused chairs, decorated w/hand made recycled silk flowers.
- scroll down for the construction record
Previous condition (click to enlarge)
Photographs taken during construction process